Thursday, January 04, 2007

Comic geek X-Mas loot report

Because I'm still a twelve-year-old at heart, I am compelled to share what comic book related gifts I received this Christmas season.


Absolute Watchmen: My friend and potential collaborator Eric Carl hooked me up with this gorgeous, massive hunk of Alan Moore goodness. I'm split on whether I should read it or just stare at it and grin. This thing won't even fit on my bookshelf it is so epic.


Kia Asamiya Joker figure: My buddy Gary picked me out this sweet Joker figure, which perfectly compliments the Catwoman figure I picked up for my wife.


Infinite Crisis hardcover: While I won't be reading it any time soon, my wife did the right thing and gave me the book I had to have on my bookshelf but kept putting off buying. Lately I've been wondering what it would be like to read through Infinite Crisis from start to finish without waiting for issues. I assume it would likely be best described as "continuity overload" but at least I can find out now.


Limited Edition She-Hulk figure: I may not know much about her, but I loves me some She-Hulk. She's like the gorgeous, popular girl in high school that all the nerds are in love with but know nothing about. Just like that. Anyway, my ever attentive wife observed my complaints over the absence of the Marvel Select figure at the local comic book shop. She did some hunting and found that it was in fact a limited edition figure only sold at Wizard World and other comic conventions. And she found me one. She is the best.

Essential Man-Thing: Nothing says "holiday spirit" like Man-Thing! There is something about this guy that I cannot resist, so ever since I learned about this "Essential" I knew I had to have it. The copy on the back of the cover promises Howard the Duck and a Peanut Butter Barbarian. How can I pass that up. I hope to do a "Man-Thing Month" in the near future as I work my way through this book and other things mucky.

This has been the nerdiest Christmas I've had since I was a kid.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

Yes, but a nerdy Christmas is a GOOD Christmas. My husband gave me the giant Kilowog figure...albeit with a lot of prompting on my part.