Friday, January 05, 2007

Some of the new comics I've read so far this week

All-Star Superman #6: I'm not going to do a ridiculous "Best of 2006" post since most of the comics I read this (last) year have been older as I try to play catchup with the comic world, but if I had to name the best series of 2006, All-Star Superman would be it. And with this issue it is already the best series of 2007. I don't even like Superman all that much but I get all giddy when a new issue of All-Star comes out. It's that good.

Superman Confidential #3: I have not yet finished reading #1, but I keep buying this book. I think Tim Sale's interpretation of Lois Lane has a lot to do with it. She's purdy.

Amazing Spider-Man #537: Meh. This is probably the weakest chapter of the "War Comes Home" story arc. Disjointed chicken soup for the Spider soul. But on a whole I'm still happy with the story arc, which is more of a companion book to Civil War than Civil War: Frontline has ever been.

Punisher: War Journal #2: Captain America and the Punisher. Those two are soooo gay for each other. I'm not sure if I like this version of the Punisher compared to the MAX version, but it's nice to see him at least stand up to Cap and not just be his little bitch like he is in some other comic that was released this week but not everywhere.

Civil War #6: For those on the west coast I will simply say that this issue is fun. I liked it. I'm sure everyone else with a blog will figure out why it sucks.

No comments: