Monday, December 04, 2006

Starting tomorrow: Nostalgia Week!

Starting on Tuesday, I will begin a celebration of those comics that hold a dear place in my heart. Mostly, they are comics I loved as a kid but never really understood as my comprehension of concepts such as international politics, interpersonal relationships, space/time and words were severely underdeveloped when I first read them. This week I take a look back at those single issues that made me the geek I am today and see just how they hold up now that I'm older.

Nostalgia Week may be a wonderfully light-hearted stroll down memory lane or it may be a series of soul-crushing realizations that I was one stupid kid.

First stop on the Nostalgia Express is my very first Batman comic, the surprisingly brutal Batman #446

No comments: