Thursday, December 21, 2006

Fangirls! Who is the comic book man candy?

Today I was surfing Comicvine, the new superhero wiki/internet crack, when I noticed that X-23 had been attributed with the "power" of Attractive Female. My initial response was offense, but that quickly changed to pity. You see, Comicvine has a cool ranking system for all of the powers given to characters. This is a ton of fun when you're voting on which characters could win in a fight but when it comes to ranking the Attractive Female "power", it would be nothing more than voting on which fictional character is the hottest. That's just fucking sad.

I made a bit of a stink on the forums about it, calling it ridiculous and asking why there wasn't a "Man Candy" power. Well, turns out there is! The only problem is that not too many people seem to be making much use of it. I wonder why.

So fangirls, I implore you to go to Comicvine, sign up, and let the world know who the hunks of comics are. I marked Batman and Nightwing as "Attractive Males" since I know both get more ladies than they can handle. But other than that, I have no clue who the fangirls (and plenty of the fanboys) out there are fawning over. So go set the record straight!

Correction: You don't even need to sign up to vote in the superhero beauty pageant.

No comments: