Friday, September 22, 2006

Kinda a Civil War #4 review

So Civil War #4 finally came out. Because of the long wait and OMG-did-that-just-happen plot of the issue, I thought I would give quick review/reflection on it.

OMG SPOILER ALERT!!!1

Captain America calls Iron Man a "Pampered Punk": Hell yeah! I've never been a big Cap fan, but he was just badass in this fight (and the rest of the issue).

Thor kills Goliath:
I've always thought that Thor was a douchebag, clone or not. I bet some smelly fanboys (and you know a Thor fanboy has got to smell bad) are pissed off right now but I couldn't care less. As for Goliath, since my experience with the Marvel Universe has really been limited to the X-Books, some Spider-Man and a little Daredevil, I really didn't know much about this guy. In fact, I think Civil War is the first book I've read with him in it, so his death doesn't exactly shock me. I was hoping that Hercules was going to be the one to bite it, but whatev. So far DC's Big Summer 2006 Crossover had a much cooler casualty list.

Sue Richards switching sides:
The Fantastic Four is totally shattered now, with the Thing claiming nutrality, (is he leaving the country still?) Mr. Fantastic a leader of the Pro-Registration force and Sue and Johnny Storm crossing over to the rebel side. It's about time those four bums got interesting.

Peter "acting funny":
Screw waiting for the climatic showdown between Cap and Iron Man. The fight I want to see is a fed up Spidey telling Iron Man where he can stick his "loyalty." And Spidey can do it while getting rid of that rediculous Iron Spider costume.

Who is Ski-Mask Man?:
It's the Punisher. Duh.

WTF END SPOILERS ???2


Overall I thought it was a good read. Other than Goliath's death, nothing really happened, but it did set the stage for maximum awesomeness.

No comments: