Saturday, June 23, 2007

Checking in...

Just letting you know I'm not dead yet.

Wow, it's only been a month since I last blogged. Let me think what's new in my life...

-I'm still tired of superhero comics. The only superhero comics I buy currently are World War Hulk, Batman, and Runaways (which now has a very Weadonesque release schedule). The rest I just download. I know, it's awful of me, but the major American publishers just aren't putting out much of anything I see worth putting money down for.

-The death of Bart Allen pisses me off. Not because I liked him, but rather I'm just sick and tired of characters being killed in order to a) drum up sales and b) get them out of the way without having to com up with something more creative. Death has become boring in comic books, and therefor there is very little at stake.

-I've been looking into manga lately. I used to think it was all lame but it's really kind of cool if you find the right stuff for you. This book by Paul Gravett is a really good introduction to the stuff. Astro Boy is neat, although a little too kiddie for me. Death Note is awesome, as is Battle Angel Alita. Rorouni Kenshin isn't bad. Golgo 13 is fun. Hellsing, on the other hand, is terrible.

-Oh, and I started up a satirical blog called The Fandamentalist. It's basically me doing to comics what the Cobert Report does to politics. I must be really cynical right now. It's a secret that the Fandamentalist is a joke, so don't tell anyone it's me or else I won't get anymore angry comments.

-Time for me to go to bed and cuddle up with a nice manga.

1 comment:

Milasha said...

Online brides very popular now. No wonder since it very convenient to find a suitable lady in the virtual space, so many of them on online dating sites! Chat with them, enjoy video conversations, send real gifts, and then meet in real life, what can be better? nebraska dating